Exercise Equipment

Exercise Equipment Repair Questions? Ask a Technician

Exercise Equipment

I have a Nordic track c2255 and recently turned it on after

Customer Question
Customer: hello, I have a...
Customer: hello, I have a Nordic track c2255 and recently turned it on after my daughter used it about 2 weeks ago as the belt started to go all of a sudden it revved up to higher speed and then just stopped. I turned it off and started it up again and all it does is start to go and then just stops. the console stays lit but that's it. It was working just fine before my daughter used it so I have not idea what is wrong
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: well, just that, it doesn't seem to want to keep going once I press start. it goes for a couple of seconds and just stops
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Exercise Equipment Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Exercise Equipment
1/15/2016
Exercise Equipment Technician: Michael Hannigan, Engineer replied 1 year ago
Michael Hannigan

Hello. My name is Michael. I can help you with your question if you still need assistance.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I do

It sounds like the motor is working fine. But the problem sounds like it may be with the motor controller board. The symptoms are so indicitive of this, that you may not even have to check the voltages, but you can if you want to verify. Check the voltages coming into the main motor. At a constant setting, the voltages should remain constant. If they do not, that is because the motor controller board is sending the wrong voltages and causing the speed to increase. The solution is to replace the motor controller board, which is a simple replacement. It's a very common problem and the part is easy to get. Here is a link to it.

http://amzn.to/1UUuQod

Please let me know if you still have questions.

Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Engineer