J.T.
J.T., Technician
Experience:  I have over 10 years experience in all fields of fitness equipment repair and service.
16229639

I have a model NTEL07080 and the console flashes on and off

Customer Question

I have a model NTEL07080 and the console flashes on and off and nothing else. what can I do to fault isolate. could it be the reed sensor. it does this even when disconnected and setting on a work bench.
Category: Exercise Equipment
Expert:  J.T. replied 1 year ago.

Is this unit Battery operated? I'm assuming since you said it was on a work bench. Try fresh batteries. If that doesn't help then the console needs to be replaced. They don't sell any individual Parts for the console

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
battery and ac/dc converter. flashes display with either. that's and $275 fix. ouch.
Expert:  J.T. replied 1 year ago.

Yea it stinks they don't use the best components on them. It's not always cost effective to Repair them.

Expert:  J.T. replied 1 year ago.

All the box store brands have gone downhill in Quality

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
was hoping for a few ways to test the console before laying out the cost to fix. sounds like your not that familiar with this model.
Expert:  J.T. replied 1 year ago.

There isn't anything to test they don't sell any components except for the board themselves. I replace about 10-20 a week. They tend to go bad when just batteries are used. When the batteries start to die they cause issues

Expert:  J.T. replied 1 year ago.

The only thing the reed sensor does is tell the machine how fast the user is pedaling