Pete, Electronic Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience installing and repairing electronics.
30970729

I am looking at solutions ramps on proforma elliptical. Ours

Customer Question

I am looking at solutions for stuck ramps on proforma elliptical. Ours was stuck at the top for several months then fixed itself one day. Then several months after that it is now stuck at the bottom. When this first happened to ours nobody was asking about it on the net. Now I see a few questions. At this point I am just reading others solutions.
Category: Exercise Equipment
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Model 910e
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hello Hugh,

This seems like a problem with the resistance.

First, you will need to check that none of the mechanical parts or belts have come loose, preventing the resistance from working correctly. If everything is intact, then the magnetic resistance system likely has a fault and will require a repair.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can change the resistance settings. i think the resistance system works just fine. I can't change the ramp. most people are suggesting something wrong with the reed switch. However, i dont know how to get at the ramp motor.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi Hugh,

The motor is item 13 on the following diagram.

The reed switch is item 38.

http://www.manualslib.com/manual/617652/Proform-910-E-Elliptical.html?page=37#manual