Freddy M.
Freddy M., Customer Service
Experience:  Years of experience in IT and customer support
15852642

I just got a used DP ergometer 3000. It works but at only

Customer Question

I just got a used DP ergometer 3000. It works but at only one speed, the motherboard isn't working right, it turns on and that's about it. I just want to slow and speed up that's all
Category: Exercise Equipment
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is***** do not rate until we are finished. I look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem. I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this. There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure. What exactly does it do when you try to change speeds etc?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
While still looking at it, the motor just stopped. I think it is dead for good. Unless there is a reset button.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

There is no reset unfortunately but that is actually why I asked what it did when you tried changing speeds. What you were describing was indicative of either the motor control board or the motor itself failing and needs to be replaced. You can hook up a fully charged cordless drill battery to the motor and if it spins slowly the motor is still good indicating the control board needs to be replaced. The battery needs to be fully charged or the test will not work. Both parts however are going to be hard to find for this model and in rare cases you will need both. If you have any questions at all reply and let me know. If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating for my help - it is greatly appreciated. Please note you are rating me only not this site or your machine.