Exercise Equipment

Exercise Equipment Repair Questions? Ask a Technician

Exercise Equipment

I have an Nordictrack EXP 3000 tread mill. all the

Customer Question
electronics work including the programming...
I have an Nordictrack EXP 3000 tread mill. all the electronics work including the programming but the walking belt does not spin. Is there anything like a breaker or fuse to check?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Exercise Equipment
8/5/2015
Exercise Equipment Technician: Michael Hannigan, Engineer replied 2 years ago
Michael Hannigan
Hello. My name is***** can help you with your question. I'm not sure if there's a breaker on that model but if there is one, it would be rate near where the plug goes into the base. Flip it all the way off and then back on.
Either way, if that doesn't work or if it's not there, you'll have to open up the base of the machine and check the motor and the motor controller board. The motor is very easy to check – all you have to do is apply 12 to 18 V of DC power to the terminals and it should make it turn at a consistent speed either backwards or forwards depending on the polarization of the terminals. If you find that the motor is working okay, then the next thing you would check is the motor controller board. Just follow the wires back from the motor to the board that it's connected to. Check with a multimeter the output of that board – it's voltage should vary as the speed controls are used. And it should remain consistent if no controls are being pressed. If it doesn't behave this way, then it will need to be replaced. This is the most common problem with these. If you get to that point and find out that it's neither, there are some other things we can check but they are really not common problems. Let me know and we can go from there.
Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Engineer