Exercise Equipment

Exercise Equipment Repair Questions? Ask a Technician

Exercise Equipment

Treadmill is showing dashes in the heart rate indicator. I

Customer Question
treadmill is showing dashes in...
treadmill is showing dashes in the heart rate indicator. I have to press the screen to see distance but it only shows for a few seconds. I cant select distance to show all the time. restarting the treadmill works but only sometimes and then it eventually reverts to the dashes. Treadmill works fine otherwise.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Exercise Equipment
Answered in 1 hour by:
6/27/2015
Exercise Equipment Technician: Michael, Technician replied 2 years ago
Michael
Michael, Technician
Good morning, I'm sorry to hear about that.How old is your treadmill? Also may I have the full model #?Thank youTech Michael
Michael,
I purchased it in 2009. Aerobics Inc.Pacemaster Platinum Pro VR. That is all I can find.Melissa
Hi Melissa, Just so I can be sure you are actually having two issue with the console correct?And did both problems start at the same time or one then the next another day?Thanks for your patience.Tech Michael
I think it is just one issue. The console has a readout and you can select either heart rate, distance or average speed in the upper left. I usually just leave it set on distance. Yesterday I turned it on and the heart rate indicator was on and just showing 3 horizontal lines. I gripped the heart rate handles and got no result. I pressed the indicator and the distance and speed flashed for about 2 seconds each and went right back to heart rate lines. My daughter said this has been happening off and on, not sure why she didn't tell me but you know kids......I turned off the treadmill and turned it back on and it seemed to fix itself. She says it always reverts back to the lines after a while.
Just a note..I had my previous Aerobics Inc treadmill for over 20 years. The motor kept on working but the belt parts wore out and could not get a replacement. I like this brand, so sorry that they have stopped servicing their American customers after being bought by Pacemaster.
Thanks so much for the excellent description of the problem. I hate to ask you so much but I need to be sure before I advise you of whats wrong.This unit is in need of a new main console. The one in the unit is failing. This can be due to a power outage or storm in your area or even just the fact that electronic components can inherent by design simply fail;-(It should have lasted longer but its that way with everything these days it seems.It is easy to replace but a bit pricey for this part. The best place to get that part is Treadmill Doctor: its best to call for this part for current pricing and availability.TOLL FREE 8am - 5pm Mon - Fri CST***-***-****I will assist you in the replacement of this part and it only requires a few basic hand tools to change out, and no soldering is required;-)I will stick with you until you have this working,please rate my service kindly thus far, it is the only way I receive credit for my time with you;-)It won't cost you anything additional to rate;-)Thank you and have a great day!Please rate kindly at this time;-)
Michael,I appreciate your help. You were courteous and prompt. However, a technician from Pacemaster has given me the correct fix for my problem which does not involve replacing the console. It is the heart-rate sensor that has issues, not the console. I would like to give you a good rating however I think I'm entitled to a refund so I don't want to give you a bad rating either. I will speak to customer service about this concern.
Hi I'm glad they were able to help! Normally this problem is a recurring issue that will still come back again and again once it happens especially since it was bouncing back and forth usually indicating a problem with the board(console) .I appreciate you wanting to rate me kindly I do, as poor rating can hurt my excellent standing here with JA as a well respected tech for over 7 years now lol;-)But sometimes there is another fix, I hope it remains ok for you and if you ever need me in the future please ask, I always do my best to help and I love to help customers solve their technical issues.Thank you again and have a great day!Tech Michael
Michael
Michael
Michael, Technician