Exercise Equipment

Exercise Equipment Repair Questions? Ask a Technician

Exercise Equipment

I have a life fitness 9100 treadmill. I was running on it at .5 inclin

Customer Question
I have a life fitness...
I have a life fitness 9100 treadmill. I was running on it at .5 incline and I tripped . The treadmill came to a stop. I tried to start it up again and the display in the middle only comes on and not the time distance speed or incline. The tread won't move. It seems as though it's stuck at .5 incline and won't go down. Help?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Exercise Equipment
6/13/2015
Exercise Equipment Technician: Neil, Technician replied 2 years ago
Neil, Technician
Hi
The first thing to check is the safety key, make sure it is firmly in place...
If it looks ok then come back to me..

There is no safety key . It's the older 9100

Ok so next we are going to have to check the walking belt is jammed on the underside, this involves dismantling the unit and making sure the belt isn't turned and jammed on itself underneath...

Nope the belt moves freely

Check all connections on the motor control board at the bottom as well as to the controller at the top, unplug and replug each connector, make sure the power is off to the unit...

OK. Everything is plugged in

It sounds like an internal fault on the controller or possibly the motor control board... From here you need a multimeter and a bit of experience at working on electronics I'm afraid..

I don't have that much experience in electronics. . Not sure what to do now

It is an odd fault... But it sounds like something has dislodged in the fall.... Possibly the magnets off the front roller, or something on one of the boards has failed...
Without the unit in front of me to carry out checks and follow the voltages I would just be guessing from here...

What do you suggest I do?

I feel you need a serviceman I'm afraid, ring around your local fitness equipment shops, they will know someone local that can look at this for you...

I'm sure this won't be cheap.

Hard to quote how much I'm afraid, if an old unit may be better to buy a new one...

I think it's a 2005

Relist: Other.
My problem wasn't solved. Can I get a refund please
Relist: Answer quality.
Neil, Technician