Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

Starts and stops right away??

Customer Question

Starts and stops right away??
Category: Exercise Equipment
Expert:  Russell H. replied 2 years ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
I think it is possible that the belt needs readjusting, and lubrication (with the special, non-grease, lubricant these treadmill belts generally require.)
The belt should be adjusted, generally speaking, so that it is loose enough that it does not quite slip, but nearly that loose.
If the belt is adjusted (or, has shrunk up with age, and lack of lubricant...) too tightly, then it can stop the treadmill from working or running. An over-tight treadmill belt can cause wear, or even damage, in many other ways, such as by overheating the motor.
If that doesn't help, then what error indication is there on the machine? if any.