Exercise Equipment

Exercise equipment repair questions? Ask a technician

There's really not much else going on. I did have a friend repla…

Customer Question
There's really not much else...
There's really not much else going on. I did have a friend replace the hub assembly a couple of years ago when the same thing happened and it was fine until a couple of weeks ago.
I have a Stairmaster 4200pt Freeclimber. The left pedal has been dropping quickly to the floor (feels like it's not connected to anything) and now the right pedal is beginning to do the same. Also, both pedals are lower than they should be while the machine is in use.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Exercise Equipment
6/1/2015
Exercise Equipment Technician: Louie, Technician replied 3 years ago
Louie, Technician
Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,
Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...
Initially, if the symptoms are identical, then yes; i.e. the same component has failed most likely.
Are you then considering a DIY (do-it-yourself) repair approach? If yes, please see http://tinyurl.com/ovykxms for the exploded parts diagram and parts list. It is in a Portable Document Format (PDF) file and can be viewed in most web browser. Click on the link to open the file or right click then select “Save As…” to download the file. It would require Adobe Acrobat Reader or equivalent for this purpose.
For parts/inquiry, please goto http://stairmaster.com/customer-resources/