Exercise Equipment

Exercise equipment repair questions? Ask a technician

My Tunturi treadmill is 23 years old and It just stopped and…

Customer Question
My Tunturi treadmill is 23...
My Tunturi treadmill is 23 years old and It just stopped and gave error message E2
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Exercise Equipment
5/29/2015
Exercise Equipment Technician: Russell H., Service Tech replied 3 years ago
Russell H., Service Tech
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.E2 as an error often refers to the speed sensor. This is a small element of the machine, with wires going from it to the motor controller board, that tells the controller board what speed the treadmill is running at. Such a speed sensor can cause trouble either when it has slipped away from correct (close) alignment, or when the controller board that reads it is defective and misreads it or gives a somewhat erroneous error indication. In your case, since it has happened only once, you might have a problem that is temporary or a 'glitch'. So before opening the treadmill or engaging repair-services, I advise you to turn Off the treadmill, unplug it from any power source, and leave it that way for 2+ hours. Then after that interval (or longer) try it again.