Exercise Equipment

Exercise equipment repair questions? Ask a technician

I am getting an error code 8 on a Pacemaster Proplus II treadmill.

Customer Question
What does it mean and...
I am getting an error code 8 on a Pacemaster Proplus II treadmill. What does it mean and how do I fix it?
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Exercise Equipment
9/27/2012
Exercise Equipment Technician: treadmilltech, Technician replied 5 years ago
treadmilltech
treadmilltech, Technician
Does it try to start?

the panels on the board show the code and just keeps beeping. none of the buttons on the control panel work. it does turn on and off when you take the magnetic control on and off

hello!! Is anyone out there????

Sorry for the delay in getting back with you the system would not allow me to get back on with you. Here is what to try:

The solution is to check the main harness running from the upper control board to the lower control board. If that checks ok check the connection of the sensor with the red, white and black wires to make sure it has not worked loose. If the wiring tests ok replace the sensor. If after replacing the sensor you are still getting the error message you will need to replace the lower control board.