Exercise Equipment

Exercise Equipment Repair Questions? Ask a Technician

Exercise Equipment

My horizon Treadmill model T101 is showing an E1 error code

Customer Question
and belt won't run....
My horizon Treadmill model T101 is showing an E1 error code and belt won't run.
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Exercise Equipment
2/5/2012
Exercise Equipment Technician: Stevebuckley2, Technician replied 5 years ago
Stevebuckley2
Stevebuckley2, Technician

Stevebuckley2 :

did the belt move for a few seconds then stop?

Customer:

no it didn't move at all. It worked yesterday when I assembled it and used for a few minutes.

Stevebuckley2 :

is this a brand new tread or brand new to you

Customer:

Brand new

Stevebuckley2 :

ok well i can tell you from exp that 1 out of 5 treadmill i deliver have an issue

Stevebuckley2 :

if you open your hood and check to make sure that the wires going from the motor to the control board are connected if they are you have a bad control board

Stevebuckley2 :

not un common for these boards being bad right out of the box

Customer:

will check right now

Stevebuckley2 :

good news is its under warranty if you call horizon they will send a tech out free of charge with the part actually they are gonna send you the part and when it gets there you call the tech and tell them it there

Stevebuckley2 :

thats if the wire is not undone its a good chance it might be as simplke as that

Customer:

all wires seem to be connected

Stevebuckley2 :

then you have a bad control board 100%

Customer:

ok

Stevebuckley2 :

the e1 is a speed sensor error but since the belt did not turn at all its not the sensor its the board

Stevebuckley2
Stevebuckley2, Technician
Stevebuckley2
Stevebuckley2
Stevebuckley2, Technician