treadmilltech
treadmilltech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience repairing exercise equipment with emphasis on Nordictrack/Proform and Horizon
32169475

my diamondback 1100r electronics dont work. I thought perhaps

Customer Question

my diamondback 1100r electronics don't work. I thought perhaps the belt had fallen off, but in opening the housing enough to look inside, the belt looks fine. Screen is just blank and while it will usually start up when you start pedaling it now does nothing
Category: Exercise Equipment
Expert:  treadmilltech replied 5 years ago.
You need a bicycle crank puller to remove the crank arms. It sounds like you may have a generator or conroller problem. Check the voltage going to the console, it should be around 12vdc. If it isn't check the voltage coming out of the generator when you pedal. If there is no voltage replace the generator and if there is voltage to the controller but not out replace the controller. finally if you have voltage to the console but it won't turn on replace the cosole. If you need parts you can get them at this link.
treadmilltech, Technician
Experience: 20+ years experience repairing exercise equipment with emphasis on Nordictrack/Proform and Horizon
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
as I will have to buy a bicycle crank puller, is there a particular one that will fit? There seem to be many types online
I use a "Park tools" brand. Any will work though.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I don't know if I'm allowed a follow up, but I finally got around to opening the bike and exposed the generator and board. But there are several prongs on the connectors. I don't want to blow the board by testing the wrong ones. Are there specific wires to test or just test each to ground?
Test the lead out of the generator. It should run directly to the board. If you can't figure it out post a pic of the generator wiring and the board wiring and I should be able to help. I can't find a schematic for this particular unit.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
right it is just that the lead out of the generator has lots of wires, but I suppose I can burn out the generator. Is there a way to post photos with this site?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I sent you the photo of the circuit board via the HelpDesk for just answers. I can't move forward until I ihear from you. Please check it out and reply.
I will see if they sent anything to me and get back with you.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
They claim they forwarded the photo?
I will check my junk mail and see if it came through.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
and you didn't find?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
this has dragged on a bit, and I'm happy to pay something again, but this bike is all over my floor and I'd like to finish. Here is a link to the photo. My question is what two wires do I check the voltage going to the head. The generator is fine, but I don't know which wires to check on output. Here is the link
http://www.mediafire.com/?ct07pqihj3r0d63
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Relist: Other.
awaiting expert reply, waited too long
Expert:  Gina-Moderator replied 5 years ago.
Hello:

I'm sorry its taking quite some time for the Expert to reply to you.

Did you want to continue with this question at this point?

Thanks so much!
I got the pic finally and it looks like you can test through the red and black wires.