Exercise Equipment

Exercise equipment repair questions? Ask a technician

My Pacemaster ProElite is giving me an error code 22. What…

Customer Question
My Pacemaster ProElite is giving...
My Pacemaster ProElite is giving me an error code 22. What does that mean?
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Exercise Equipment
7/30/2011
Exercise Equipment Technician: treadmilltech, Technician replied 6 years ago
treadmilltech
treadmilltech, Technician
This error is a display error. You will need to check the fuse on the display board. If it is ok, replace the upper control board. Before replacing the upper control board remove and replace all the connections from the motor controller to the console. It also can be an error triggered from a bad connection.
Thanks for your response. I only see 2 fuses and they are both on the board next to the motor and they both appear to be good.

I looked at the upper (display) board and did not see a fuse. Are you sure there is one on that board?

I also checked all connections and they appear OK. The display will work but when the treadmill starts it starts with a "jerk" and then gives the error code 22.

If you do think I need to replace the upper display board - do you know if it is available online anywhere?

Thanks again for your help.
Try this one last test and see if the motor will run:
# XXXXX a 12-18 volt dc battery fully charged(like one from a cordless drill)
# XXXXX sure it is fully charged, because it won't work if not
# XXXXX the + and - to the motor red is + and black is -
# XXXXX the motor turns slowly your motor is ok, if not the motor is bad and would need replaced

You could have an internal issue with the motor. These error codes are not always accurate as to the issue. Let me know if it will run normally using the battery.

You are correct about the fuses the newer version moved them to the motor control board and the older version has them on the console board. So the error code is being caused by something else.
treadmilltech
treadmilltech, Technician
OK - I was able to hook up a battery and the motor worked - so it does not appear to be the motor. At this point, how can I tell whether it is the upper or lower controller board that is bad?

Thanks for the help!
If when you hit the start button it jerks that means the console is working. So I would replace the lower controller. Before replacing the controller check to make sure the wiring is ok between the upper and lower control boards. If the wiring is ok replac ethe lower one.