Exercise Equipment

Exercise Equipment Repair Questions? Ask a Technician

Exercise Equipment

My Image 10.6 Q treadmill gives me an error message E21.

Customer Question
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Exercise Equipment
3/21/2011
Exercise Equipment Technician: treadmilltech, Technician replied 6 years ago
treadmilltech
treadmilltech, Technician
Check the reed sensor also known as the speed sensor. It is located on the front roller pulley. It is mounted to the frame and looks like a small black tube with a wire attached to it. What you need to do is to check if it is good by using a multi(volt) meter.

1. Unplug the reed sensor
2. Place the red and black leads on the two wires
3. turn the flywheel so that the magnet (should be mounted on the pulley)passes by the sensor(make sure the sensor is only 1/8" away)
4. the meter should show the sensor opening and closing if it does not recheck the gap from the magnet and if it is good, replace the reed switch.
5. The other possibility is the magnet fell off the pulley and in this case you will need to superglue it back in place.

Thank you for your question and I hope this helps.
treadmilltech
treadmilltech, Technician
treadmilltech
treadmilltech
treadmilltech, Technician