Exercise Equipment

Exercise Equipment Repair Questions? Ask a Technician

Exercise Equipment

My ProForm treadmill is stuck in the highest incline position,

but it thinks it's at...
My ProForm treadmill is stuck in the highest incline position, but it thinks it's at zero so it will not go down.
Answered in 1 hour by:
7/20/2010
Gina-Moderator
Gina-Moderator, Moderator
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I’m a Moderator for JustAnswer.

Thanks for your question!

I'm sorry that you haven't received an answer yet. The response rate on JustAnswer is usually over 95%, but sometimes questions go un-answered when:

1. the question may be unclear
2. the question seems to require an answer for something that cannot be explained online adequately
3. the Experts that are online simply don't have the resources to answer your question fully
4. the question price you selected is too low for the complexity of the question

Unfortunately, I can't tell you for sure which one of these reasons is specific to your question, but those are the most common possibilities. Please feel free to re-word your question or increase the price if you feel that may be the reason. Of course you are not required to increase the price. :)

If you would still like to receive an answer from an Expert, just let me know, and I will do my best to assist you by finding an Expert to help you.

If you have any questions regarding deposits or billing, please feel free to use the help link below:

http://www.justanswer.com/help/contact.aspx

Best,
Gina
Moderator
treadmilltech
treadmilltech, Technician
Sometimes incline motors will get frozen in position and need broke free. Try this:
take the motor cover off and take the screw out of the bottom of the incline motor that is attached to the screw assembly. Once you remove the screw you should be able to break the incline motor free. run the incline up and down with the screw still off( laying the treadmill on its side may make this easier). Once it goes up and down (hold the screw so it goes in and out) reattach it then run the calibration described below. If it was just stuck it should work fine.

1. remove safety key
2. press and hold the speed+ and stop keys at the same time
3. Put the safety key in/on and release the keys
4. press stop once
5. hit the incline + arrow and let the incline go the whole way up and down
6. remove safety key and try

If these instructions do not work to fix the incline motor
check your main harness running down the right leg for breaks in the wires or a loose connection if nothings found you can switch the red and black wires on the incline motor terminal block and see if it goes down. If it does you know you are only getting voltage to one side of the motor. There is a schematic under the motor hood that tells you what the voltage should be when you press the up or down keys. Use a multi-meter to see if you are getting the correct voltage coming from the console to the motor control board and then from the board to the motor. If no voltage from console-replace console if you have voltage from console but not from board - replace board and finally if you have voltage from console and from board replace motor. You will need to test the voltage both when pressing the up key and the down key.
Good morning,
I was able to get my treadmill on its side but was not able to remove motor cover. This approach is probably beyond my mechanical ability. I did try the calibration part and the treadmill did return to the low position. I'm afraid to use the incline now because it may become stuck again. If you have additional input, please let me know. Otherwise, I will contact my local fitness equipment shop to see if they can send someone out. I do appreciate your input - sorry I'm not more confident about working with the motor. Thanks.
Just calibrating it may be all it needs. Go ahead and try it and see then if it doesn't work just follow the steps again.
Hi - I will try for a couple of days and see if that worked. If I have no problem with the incline I'll be happy to accept the answer and not have to have a repair person come to fix it. Thanks - I will be back in a few days with an update or to accept answer. Thanks.
Ok thanks
treadmilltech
treadmilltech, Technician
treadmilltech
treadmilltech
treadmilltech, Technician