Exercise Equipment

Exercise equipment repair questions? Ask a technician

I have a nordic trac viewpoint treadmill..a couple of years…

Customer Question
I have a nordic trac...
I have a nordic trac viewpoint treadmill..a couple of years old..i haven't used it in 6 months..i went to tourn it on tonight and i get nothing but the main screen..none of the buttons work..can i reboot this somehow?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Exercise Equipment
6/29/2010
Exercise Equipment Technician: treadmilltech, Technician replied 8 years ago
treadmilltech
treadmilltech, Technician
Remove the console from the treadmill and remove the back
remove and replace the ribbon cables that run from the keypads to the control board (they are flat plastic strips that push into the board).
remove and replace all the connections on the console
reattach the console and calibrate by doing the following:
1. With the key off press the speed + and stop buttons at the same time and hold
2. place the key on and release the buttons
3. press the stop key once
4. press the speed up til it reaches 85
5. if your max speed is 10 mph then it should read about 9.8-10.2

If the keys will not work then the console is bad and would need replaced.