Exercise Equipment

Exercise equipment repair questions? Ask a technician

My proform treadmill keeps shutting off while I use it. It…

Customer Question
My proform treadmill keeps shutting...
My proform treadmill keeps shutting off while I use it. It keeps blowing the little breaker on it. What can I do to prevent this?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Exercise Equipment
6/28/2010
Exercise Equipment Technician: Neil, Technician replied 8 years ago
Neil, Technician

Hi

My name is XXXXX XXXXX thanks for using Just Answer...

I would give the treadmill a full service and lub, this guide, whilst not for your model, will give you the procedures to clean and lube your treadmill:

treadmillmaint

If no luck then possibly you motor may be on its way out, this manufacturer offers a lifetime warranty on the motor so you should be able to get it replaced for free.

Relist: Answer quality.

The most common cause of the breaker blowing when in use is high friction putting strain on the motor, lubricating and cleaning the deck is the first thing to try.

I have no other answer for you so am happy to opt out and see if another expert has any other ideas...

How do I loosen the drive belt to center it?

You can download a manual from this link:

http://www.iconservice.com/CustomerService/manualsProductManuals.do?model=29927&modelName=PROFORM+730CS&version=0&company=11&language=

Page 21 includes the instructions to center the belt

no the drive belt under the shroud

Are you talking the belt that connects the motor to the roller? This normally doesn't need centering, is this belt out of alignment? If so you should check the mounts that hold the motor in position...

If your unit has a belt tensioning adjustment bolt then tighten it.

There may be a locknut on this bolt. Loosen the locking nut and

tighten the tension bolt. You will need to loosen the motor mount

bolts before doing this.

If you do not have a motor tension bolt, you will have to loosen the

motor mounts. This will require two people. After the bolts are

loose one person will need to apply pressure to the motor to tighten

the drive belt while the other person tightens the bolts.

Edited by Neil on 6/28/2010 at 10:38 PM EST

I added this to my last post but we might have overlapped so sent it again here:

bolts before doing this.

I might need to wait till my husband returns in a couple weeks to figure this out further.

Unfortunately the question will timeout in that time...

If you Accept you can return to the question again and seek more input to the problem, otherwise you will have to pose the question again and you may get another expert...

You have been charged a deposit but this can be returned to you if you are dissatisfied with our service.

oh?? I thought it was open for 30 days

You may know more from a customer perspective than I, but at my end the questions time out after three days of no activity... I know an accepted question I can leave open as I have been able to return to them even weeks later...

We can but try, but if you are unable to return to this post you will have to post a new question...