Exercise Equipment

Exercise equipment repair questions? Ask a technician

I have a Precor EFX 5.33 Elliptical. The other day it would…

Customer Question
I have a Precor EFX...
I have a Precor EFX 5.33 Elliptical. The other day it would not turn on. I pulled the plug out of the power strip and then plugged it back in. There was a little spark at the plug but the LED display turned on. The machine has worked for 10 days. Today it wouldn't turn on so I repeated what I did but nothing. It's dead. Any suggestions?

How long will this take?

I paid $24 and have received nothing. What kind of scam are you running????!!!!
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Exercise Equipment
Answered in 1 hour by:
6/28/2010
Exercise Equipment Technician: treadmilltech, Technician replied 8 years ago
treadmilltech
treadmilltech, Technician
It is most likely a loose connection or a bad wire in the harness. If you have a multi-meter you can check for continuity through each wire from the console to the power board. That will let you know if you have a broken wire or a bad connection somewhere in the harness. Do this before doing the following steps!

Use the meter to see if you are getting 120 volts to the power board from the power cord. Then use the meter to check the on/off switch to make sure it is working correctly. If it is not replace it. If you have power to the board check to see if you are getting dc voltage to the console (9-12 vdc). If you are not replace the power board if you are and the console is not lighting up replace the console. This is assuming you have already checked the wiring leading to the console.