Exercise Equipment

Exercise equipment repair questions? Ask a technician

Hi, I have a C2150 NordicTrack Treadmill, the belt slips/jirks…

Customer Question
Hi, I have a C2150...
Hi, I have a C2150 NordicTrack Treadmill, the belt slips/jirks when in use. I have tried tightening the belt as suggested by the manual using the allan key but it did not work and ended up tightening it too far. Thanks for any help, Helen.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Exercise Equipment
Answered in 1 hour by:
6/28/2010
Exercise Equipment Technician: treadmilltech, Technician replied 8 years ago
treadmilltech
treadmilltech, Technician
Hopefully you didn't crank the endcaps or tear the belt. If you did you can order the endcap (or repair kit for the endcap) at treadmilldoctor.com otherwise follow the below directions to see what is slipping.

* take nail polish or paint and place a mark starting on the front roller pulley and going onto the front roller metal shaft
* then try to walk on it and see if the white mark separates
* if it does then the roller is bad and would need replaced or tap screws placed through the pulley into the metal shaft to hold it in place
* if it doesn't separate then the drive belt is slipping and most likely will need replaced, although you could try spraying belt dressing on it to see if that would be a temporary fix.
* if neither of these is your problem and the walk belt is slipping then you will need to try to adjust the screws in the back of the treadmill through the end caps. these are allen wrench screws.
Tighten each one the same amount such as 1 full turn to start with.
see if you can now walk without it slipping.
If not then tighten 1-2 more turn on both sides.
If after 2-3 full turns it is not tight enough
I would recommend replacing the walk belt.

Hopefully this helps with your problem!
treadmilltech
treadmilltech, Technician
Thanks for the answer. I will try all you suggest.
I hope it works for you!