Exercise Equipment

Exercise equipment repair questions? Ask a technician

I have a Nordictrack A.C.T. elliptical. We bought it used,

Customer Question
I have a Nordictrack A.C.T...
I have a Nordictrack A.C.T. elliptical. We bought it used, never checked if the console worked until we got it home. When we first plugged it in, the console lit up for 5 seconds, but it wont go back on. Help.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Exercise Equipment
6/28/2010
Exercise Equipment Technician: treadmilltech, Technician replied 8 years ago
treadmilltech
treadmilltech, Technician
There is a sensor close to the flywheel that has to be within 1/8" from the magnet on the flywheel. It turns the console on when the flywheel spins. If it is properly mounted, it is a possibility that the reed switch has went bad. To get to the sensor you will need to open the plastic shrouds to get to the flywheel. The sensor looks like a small black square or tube with a wire attached. It can be tested with a meter by placing the leafs on the 2 wires and spinning the flywheel and see If the sensor opens and closes. If it does function correctly the console could be bad as well but I would check the sensor first.
treadmilltech
treadmilltech, Technician

Do you make house calls???

I still cant get the console to turn on. Also, Where the batteries are placed does not have any metal fittings/springs. Am I missing pieces?

It should have metal pieces for the batteries, if it runs by batteries. Sorry we're not allowed to promote our own businesses on here. Maybe your unit is ac powered therefore it wouldn't use batteries it would use a 6 vdc power supply.