Exercise Equipment

Exercise equipment repair questions? Ask a technician

precor 9.25 says to insert safety key but key is already i…

Customer Question
precor 9.25 says to insert...
precor 9.25 says to insert safety key but key is already in
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Exercise Equipment
6/27/2010
Exercise Equipment Technician: treadmilltech, Technician replied 8 years ago
treadmilltech
treadmilltech, Technician
The switch is bad or the upper control board is malfunctioning. You would have to have a meter to test the switch or a good switch to replace it with to test it. If the switch tests ok replace the upper control board.
I have a meter but don't know which wires to test across or how it should read. I was hoping to jump the switch altogether; the safety key is a stupid pain in the butt.
I am not sure off hand what the wire colors are but I would have to advise against jumpering out the switch. There should be 2 wires off of the switch itself with the key out it should show an open circuit and with it in the circuit should be closed. If the switch is a flush mount on the board you still may have to replace the upper control board. If it is a separate micro-switch then you can replace the switch.