Exercise Equipment

Exercise equipment repair questions? Ask a technician

powers on and nothing happens. incline works fine

Customer Question
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Exercise Equipment
6/14/2010
Exercise Equipment Technician: treadmilltech, Technician replied 8 years ago
treadmilltech
treadmilltech, Technician
let's try to calibrate the speed

1. With the key off press the speed + and stop buttons at the same time and hold
2. place the key on and release the buttons
3. press the stop key once
4. press the speed up til it reaches 85
5. if your max speed is 10 mph then it should read about 9.8-10.2
6. If it is over or under we will need to adjust the speed potentiometer on the motor controller
7. to do this remove the motor hood and find the electronic board.
8. there will be a round adjustable pot on the board that you can place a small screwdriver in to adjust.
9. depending on if you need it to speed up or slow down is the direction you will need to turn it.
10. the goal is to get it to be about .1-.2 mph more then the max speed of the treadmill.
11. As long as it is in the range above it is performing ok.

I am hoping it is just something as simple as recalibration.

Please let me know if you need further help and I can still help you on this same problem. Respond on this question if you want to ask something else with this question or if you need a further diagnosis. Just because you hit accept on my answer doesn't mean I still can't help you with the same problem.

I don't have seperate start and stop buttons, so I wasn't able to use yourt suggestion. I got it going by simply walking on it to get the track moving and then plugged in the key and it started. I couldn't use your method of recalibrating, so I adjusted the speed (I already knew how to do that as I rebuilt the thing once before, new motor, circuit boards, etc.) using a stop watch as I know that at 6.0 mph it takes 2.5 minutes for 1/4 mile.

Thanks anyway.

I guess this one must be older than I thought. I'm glad you got it going.
No problem. Maybe the fix I came up with will help someone else down the road.
That's a good idea. Have a great day!