Exercise Equipment

Exercise equipment repair questions? Ask a technician

I have a free spirit treadmill. IT runs for a minute and then…

Customer Question
I have a free spirit...
I have a free spirit treadmill. IT runs for a minute and then stops and gives a L5 error code.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Exercise Equipment
1/4/2010
Exercise Equipment Technician: Craig, Technician replied 8 years ago
Craig
Craig, Technician
While it is running, is the speed indication solid and correct?
It seems like it is. It only just starts so . It starts at 0.5,for speed and it goes up until 8 for time and then quits. error L5
Does it just take off and increase in speed?

Please press ‘ACCEPT’ now to continue for my time and advice. Thanks!

Craig
Craig, Technician
no the speed does not increase. I can adjust the speed but it still quits
my question has not been answered why am i paying.
I have 32 years of experience with electicla/electronics and you are paying to work through your problem. Do you expect me to pop up the easy button here? I can let you figure it out by yourelf if you 'd like and refund your 24.00 dollars. Or maybe you'd like a tech to come out and charge you $150.00 or so...??
Craig
Craig, Technician
Any suggestions on what the problem could be? Calibration?
No I think i have accepted twice. Does that mean I have paid twice?

Your answer may take several correspondence to finish. Your patience is appreciated! Ask questions until you are satisfied!

I need you to pull the cover off the front motor/electronics area. Give everything a close visual inspection. Look for any burned looking connection or loose plugs...anything. Also, has the deck ever been cleaned and lubed?

No you have not been charged twice. They take your credit card info up front, and then when you hit the 'accept' button is when you get charged.
Ok well do have any suggestions about my treadmill?
no the deck hasn't been cleaned or lubed. How would I do that? I will look at the motor area
I will give you a link for the information. This could be causing the problem. It's called high friction overload. The motor could shut down from high current.

http://www.treadmilldoctor.com/Walking-Belt-Lube-Instructions