Firearms

Need gun information? Ask a firearms expert for answers ASAP

I just purchased a Taurus, 9mm, semi-auto. I recently

Customer Question
I just purchased a...

I just purchased a Taurus, 9mm, semi-auto

Expert's Assistant: The Gunsmith will know what to do. Please tell me everything you can so the Gunsmith can help you best.

I recently purchased a Taurus 9mm semi-auto pistol which is stronger than I am (not a surprise). I can pull the trigger and change clips. But I cannot load a clip, pull back the slide, or anything else because the gun is so tight.

Expert's Assistant: How can the Gunsmith help you with your firearm? Is there anything else important you think the Gunsmith should know?

Can the gun be loosend up yet still function properly. Chances of me getting much stronger are low (age is 79, in a wheel chair - left leg amputated). However, I think I am one of the strongest 79 year olds in Dallas. Gun Model G2c. Can this work be done by a regular gunsmith at a reasonable price (ballpark).

Submitted: 28 days ago.Category: Firearms
5/25/2018
Firearms Expert: ProShooter, Firearms Instructor replied 28 days ago
ProShooter
ProShooter, Firearms Instructor

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I'm the firearms expert here at Just Answer. Please give me a moment to review your question/issue. I will reply back shortly.

Has the slide been properly lubricated recently?

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
gun is new from factory so I would say yes.
Firearms Expert: ProShooter, Firearms Instructor replied 27 days ago

OK, well new from the factory could also mean that it was sitting on a dealer's shelf for 6 months. Semi-automatic handguns need to be properly lubricated per your owner's manual instructions about every 30 days. Can you try that first and then tell me if that makes a difference?

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
L will do that. how do I contact you with results?

This question will remain open. You can just reply back then like you have been doing now.

Customer reply replied 26 days ago

I was unable to remove the slide, as you asked. In fact I was not even able to move the slide removal button. While I appreciate you trying to help me, I don't think I have a gun problem, I think I have a strength problem. So I plan to return this pistol and exchange it for a revolver. You did not answer my question so please return all of my money charged and consider this question closed. Thanks, Karl *