Firearms

Need gun information? Ask a firearms expert for answers ASAP

Wesson Highway Patrolman Nickel Serial # S233947. When

Smith and Wesson Highway...

Smith and Wesson Highway Patrolman Nickel Serial # S233947. When produced and any other detail you have.

Expert's Assistant: The Gunsmith will know what to do. Please tell me everything you can so the Gunsmith can help you best.

Just inherited this gun and wonder about it: date of manufacture, was it

Expert's Assistant: How can the Gunsmith help you with your firearm? Is there anything else the Gunsmith should be aware of?

Nickel plated at the factory?

3/26/2018
ProShooter
ProShooter, Firearms Instructor

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I'm the firearms expert here at Just Answer. Please give me a moment to review your question/issue. I will reply back shortly.

Aside from the year of manufacture, can you tell me what other specific info you are seeking, so that I may properly answer your question?

Was it nickel plated at the factory?

OK, let me start working on this for you.....I'll be back when I have the info....

Do not want live call

OK, no problem. That's an offer from the website itself.

OK, I'm back. Your Smith & Wesson Highway Patrolman was made during 1961/62 and it was offered in a (rare) brushed nickel finish. There are many fakes out there though, so to be sure that your nickel finish was original to the gun, I would highly suggest getting a factory letter from S&W - http://www.theswca.org/forms/Letter_request_form.pdf

I hope that this was helpful! If you don't need anything else, please remember to complete a positive rating at the top of your Just Answer screen with the stars. That will then complete our session.

Thanks!
Jim

ProShooter
ProShooter, Firearms Instructor