Firearms

Need gun information? Ask a firearms expert for answers ASAP

I bought an AR/223 scope and can’t figure out how to see…

Customer Question
I bought an AR/223...

I bought an AR/223 scope and can’t figure out how to see cross hairs. All I see is a red dot

Expert's Assistant: The Gunsmith will know what to do. Please tell me everything you can so the Gunsmith can help you best.

My scope is brand new. AR/223 BTR. I cant figure out how to get cross hairs in the view. Only see a red dot when I turn the brightness dial.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Firearms
3/25/2018
Firearms Expert: Bill, Gunsmith replied 4 months ago
Bill
Bill, Gunsmith

Hi, my name is***** will be glad to help you.

What is the brand and model of scope? Most likely it is a red dot holographic scope. That is, it only shows a red dot suspended in the view, and no cross-hairs. You just put the dot on your target and that is where the scope is sighted in for.

I hope this answers your question and helps you. If you need anything else let me know. If you feel I have answered your question, please give me a positive feedback.

Thank you,

Bill