Firearms

Need gun information? Ask a firearms expert for answers ASAP

My Father has a Mauser Argentino 1891 purchased about 1949.

My Father has a...

My Father has a Mauser Argentino 1891 purchased about 1949. Serial # on all parts is T 7026. Made by Deutsche Waffen und Munitions Fabriken Berlin. He used it for big game hunting, but has not fired it for years. He would like to sell it, but has no idea what to ask for it. Can you give us a range to ask?

Expert's Assistant: How can the Gunsmith help you with your firearm? Is there anything else the Gunsmith should be aware of?

As far as I can tell, it is in very good condition. He is 90 years old & decided he would like to just sell it. We have no idea if it's valued at $10 or $300. We live in Wyoming & are allowed to sell firearms.

3/23/2018
Jon
Jon, Consultant

My name is Jon. I will be helping you with your question today. Can you tell me if this Mauser looks original or has it been modified for sparting purposes?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Thank you,

Jon

I have no idea. It looks original w/ the fold-site. All of the parts like the stock, barrel & bolt have the same series number. I know he never did anything to it. But, if it was modified prior to his purchase, I wouldn't know. Sorry

Do you happen to have a photo of it?

I do not have a photo, but can do that in a day or two. We just wanted an ballpark figure, so everybody feels good with a sale price. Judy

Sure, I can do that. Give me just a few minutes.

Thanks.

If you are new to Just Answer, please read this:

Once you have read the answer below, you will be prompted to provide a positive rating (on your screen now with the stars) for my efforts in answering your question.

If have answered all your questions and helped you, please rate my answer. I am not paid by the site until you do. It does not cost you anything more to rate the answer, and I will continue to be available if you have more questions on the item. Thank you.

At the top right above our post are a series of 5 stars. I always strivefor5 star service, but please rate as you feel is appropriate. However, if you are considering a low rating, please try to give me the opportunity to improve my service to you first!

You have a 1891 Argentina Mauser. It was made for the Argentina Military by Mauser (a German company). The value of this rifle in original shape and in good condition is in the $300 to $500 range. This would be the retail price. You can usually expect 25%-35% less when selling to a gun dealer or other re seller. A private party buyer would pay closer to retail

I hope this helps.

Please let me know if I have answered your question.

If you need appraisals/estimates for anything else, please let me know.

If you’d like to request me for future questions, please put " for Jon only" in your post. I respond to requested questions first. Please remember to rate this answer.

Sincerely,

Jon

Jon
Jon, Consultant