Firearms

Need gun information? Ask a firearms expert for answers ASAP

I just loaded my two furnished mags and neither one clicks…

I just loaded my...

I just loaded my two furnished mags and neither one clicks in place when i try to put it in. What am I doing wrong?

Expert's Assistant: The Gunsmith will know what to do. Please tell me everything you can so the Gunsmith can help you best.

9mm Shield 2.0, new, never fired, straight out of the box, cleaned and lubricated.

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Gunsmith should know?

Mags don't click in place.

3/20/2018
ProShooter
ProShooter, Firearms Instructor

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I'm the firearms expert here at Just Answer. Please give me a moment to review your question/issue. I will reply back shortly.

Okay.

OK, so this is not an uncommon complaint with the Shield. I'm assuming your mags are fully loaded?

In cleaning and lubricating, how might have caused this?
What do you suggest?

I don't think cleaning had anything to do with it. Its a common complaint with the Shield.

OK, let's try a few things. Have you tried to put fewer rounds in the magazine?

No but I will.

ok, I'll stand by

I took out two rounds and it clicked right in. Thanks will it loosen up with use? Is there something I can do to make it okay?

If that worked, then your magazine springs are a little stiff since they are new. It will break in some with repeated use, and you'll be able to fully load the mags. Shoot the heck out of that thing!

I hope that this info has been helpful to you! If you don't need anything further, please remember to complete a positive rating with the stars located at the top of your Just Answer screen. That will then complete our session.

.

Thanks!

Jim

ProShooter
ProShooter, Firearms Instructor