Firearms

Need gun information? Ask a firearms expert for answers ASAP

My dad passed away and in his gun collection I found two…

My dad passed away and...
My dad passed away and in his gun collection I found two 1895 Russian Nagant revolvers. One is 1922 and one is 1927. They both have holsters and rounds. I wonder if you could give me some advice as to the value of them? I've never seen a pistol like this and find it very interesting
3/16/2018
Jon
Jon, Consultant
Hi my name is***** me just a bit to review your question and I will get back with you shortly
Thank you sir

If you are new to Just Answer, please read this:

Once you have read the answer below, you will be prompted to provide a positive rating (on your screen now with the stars) for my efforts in answering your question.

If have answered all your questions and helped you, please rate my answer. I am not paid by the site until you do. It does not cost you anything more to rate the answer, and I will continue to be available if you have more questions on the item. Thank you.

At the top right above our post are a series of 5 stars. I always strive for 5 star service, but please rate as you feel is appropriate. However, if you are considering a low rating, please try to give me the opportunity to improve my service to you first!

​The 1895 Russian Nagant revolvers are indeed very interesting. These revolvers were the only successful "gas seal" revolver design ever manufactured. When the hammer is cocked the cylinder moves forward engaging the rear cone of the barrel creating a gas seal. These use a special ammunition where the brass shell case covers the entire length of the bullet. Ammo can be a bit pricey at $40-$50 for a box of 50. When these were being imported in large numbers (about 15 years ago) you could pick these revolvers up for a little over a $100. That import supply has dried up and the prices on these revolvers keep creeping up. Right now in good condition, you can expect to get about $300 to $400 per revolver.

I hope this helps

Please let me know if I have answered your question.

If you’d like to request me for future questions, please put " for Jon only" in your post. I respond to requested questions first. Please remember to rate this answer.

Sincerely,

Jon

Jon
Jon, Consultant
Wow! That is fascinating. Thank you so much for your help!

It was my pleasure. I am glad I could help. Thank you for the great rating and bonus!

You're very welcome ☺