Firearms

Need gun information? Ask a firearms expert for answers ASAP

I Have a Walther Model HP serial # 8070 th says 9 m/m but…

I Have a Walther...

I Have a Walther Model HP serial # 8070 th says 9 m/m but magazine asys .38 which is right

Expert's Assistant: The Gunsmith will know what to do. Please tell me everything you can so the Gunsmith can help you best.

Is it worth anything?

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else the Gunsmith should be aware of?

Great condition

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/9/2018
ProShooter
ProShooter, Firearms Instructor

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I'm the firearms expert here at Just Answer. Please give me a moment to review your question/issue. I will reply back shortly.

OK
No Text is fine
Jim i Also have the holster but it's not in as good a shape as the gun.
Are you still there?
Hello Jim are you still there?
HEY Jim Give me some sort of a sign you are still on line.
my email is:***@******.*** please send any answer there Thanks

I'm sorry...my computer froze. Not sure what happened there......Does the magazine say .38 or P.38 ?

It’s. P.38

OK, thank you...and again, sorry for the delay. I'm not sure what happened to my computer....anyway, your HP is a 9x19mm. The HP was a "pre-war" commercial version of what would later be known as a P.38

Sounds like the magazine is not original to the gun, and someone replaced it with a P.38 magazine.

What other info can I help you with?

Is it worth anything?

Yes, absolutely. Can you confirm the serial number again for me?

SN 8070

Great...let me look that up.

OK I've got the info...give me a couple minutes to type this all up for you....

Jim Thank You I really appreciate it. I had no clue where to turn>

Well its my pleasure! That is what we are here for...stand by, please..

If you are new to Just Answer, please read first: Once you have read the answer below, you will be prompted to provide a positive rating (on your screen now with the stars) for my efforts in answering your question. Please understand that this positive rating is how the website compensates me for my work on your question. The rating that you give is for my efforts, not the specific answer itself. Sometimes we give a good effort but must deliver bad news, like a low value for your firearm. We don’t like having to do that, but we want to provide you with an honest answer nonetheless. This rating must be completed by you in order to close the question out. If you have a follow-up question, you can still reply back to me and I’ll be happy to assist you further. Please reply back and ask any additional questions that you have before you consider leaving a negative rating..

.

Answer:

The information you provided was used to properly identify the information below. Here is the information you requested about your Firearm taken from www.bluebookofgunvalues.com....

.

Manufacturer/Trademark – Walther

Model/configuration – HP "Heeres Pistole" Standard HP production

Serial number - 8070

Estimated Value Range –see below

.

For your firearm, the following current values apply (from the Blue Book of Gun Values). Retail prices may be 20% higher. Percentages are based on the amount of original finish on the gun, and its operational ability..

.

New in box/perfect --100% condition - $N/A

Mint condition --------98% condition - $2,550

Excellent condition -- 95% condition - $2,225

Very Good+ condition -- 90% condition- $2,000

Very Good condition ------ 80% condition - $1,650

Good+ condition ------------70% condition - $1,300

Good condition--------------60% condition - $1,100

.

Add 20% for guns with a Nazi eagle over 359 (E/359) military proof.

Add 20% for guns with a high polish finish (that should be your gun).

.

.

This Firearm appraisal is a value estimate on the appraised firearm for the date of the appraisal. The value quoted is a real world market value (also known as a private party value) and is the amount you should expect to pay for the firearm. This is not an appraisal for retail or wholesale purposes.The information and values in this appraisal are compiled from a variety of sources including the current editions of the Blue Book of Gun Values , my internal reference library, my network of Firearms experts across the United States, firearms auctions, and through various online sites.The values in this appraisal are based on recent sales of comparable and similar firearms taking into account the rarity, desirability, and overall original condition of the firearm. In the case that a comparable sale is not readily available, the value is based on a projected amount that the firearm would be expected to sell for.All information compiled in this firearm evaluation using the Blue Book of Gun Values online database and Photo Percentage Grading System is copyrighted 2018 by Blue Book Publications, Inc. and may not be used for any other purpose without written permission from the publisher. Any unauthorized usage of the Photo Percentage Grading System for the evaluation of firearms values and color photo percentage breakdown is also expressly forbidden by the publisher.

Need anything else?

ProShooter
ProShooter, Firearms Instructor
No Jim Thank You Again

Great! Happy to help! If you don't need anything else, please remember to complete a positive rating with the stars at the top of your screen. That will complete our session.

Thanks!
​Jim