Firearms

Need gun information? Ask a firearms expert for answers ASAP

I have been given an old and very rusty harrington and sigle…

I have been given...

I have been given an old and very rusty harrington and richardson sigle shot shotgun. 12 gauge. model 1903 or maybe 190B. serial number is ***** any guesses on manufacture date and or value. The rust is pretty bad and that's why i cant make out the model number very well

3/7/2018
TOM
TOM, Gunsmith

You probably have a Model 1908 Single Shot Shotgun. They were made from 1909 until 1942. The "A" prefix dates to 1940. It should have "STANDARD" on the left side of the frame.

In the condition describe the value is only $30 to $40. A Model 1908 in 100% condition is valued at $195.

If the gun has sentimental value to you having it restored is not very expensive. While most pitting in the metal can not be removed the metal can be stripped and reblued. The stock and forend can also be refinished and made to look pretty good.

Tom

TOM
TOM, Gunsmith