Firearms

Need gun information? Ask a firearms expert for answers ASAP

I've been looking for a Daisy Defender model 40 trigger. I…

Customer Question
I've been looking for...

I've been looking for a Daisy Defender model 40 trigger. I think the part # is 204. Good Luck and Thanks' Chuck W

Expert's Assistant: How can the Gunsmith help you with your firearm? Please tell me everything you can so the Gunsmith can help you best.

I'm trying anything I can to get one. Sorry to bother you. Have a good life!

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Gunsmith should know?

Just that I need that trigger, mine is worn down and won't always stay cocked or will discharge with no trigger pull. I don't know if it can be fixed, it's pretty worn down.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Firearms
1/1/2018
Firearms Expert: TOM, Gunsmith replied 6 months ago
TOM
TOM, Gunsmith

Your gun is obsolete, parts are no longer made for it. The best thing to do is take the gun to a gunsmith and have him build the trigger or sear back up to correct dimensions. It is possible that the sear spring is weak which will cause the same problem. Springs will usually wear before metal parts so have it checked before doing anything else.

Tom

Thanks for your time; have a good life. C

you're welcome