Firearms

Need gun information? Ask a firearms expert for answers ASAP

I have a Remington model in a 270 Gibbs, it has a tapered…

Customer Question
I have a Remington...

I have a Remington model in a 270 Gibbs, it has a tapered barrel no proof marks other than a W on the bottom of the barrel.

Expert's Assistant: The Gunsmith will know what to do. Please tell me everything you can so the Gunsmith can help you best.

I can tell this is no the original barrel as the stock has two cut outs where the barrel used to rest.

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else the Gunsmith should be aware of?

I believe it maybe a 1955 model. I have not be able to find another type rifle in a 270 Gibbs

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Firearms
12/26/2017
Firearms Expert: ProShooter, Firearms Instructor replied 6 months ago
ProShooter
ProShooter, Firearms Instructor

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I'm the firearms expert here at Just Answer. Please give me a moment to review your question/issue. I will reply back shortly.

What exactly is your question?

This is the original but has been reworked, it a older model and that man who worked for Remington at the time was a man named Gibbs. Is the one of his he modified.

What model of Remington do you have there? I'm not sure that I understand what you are asking...

Remington 721

Ok, so are you asking if the rifle you have was owned by Rocky Gibbs?

Well, that would really be impossible to say with any certainty. You could try to contact the Cody Museum to see if they have a record of that model being sold to Gibbs, but that is a slim chance.

From what I read he help Remington design the 721

Well, may be true, but there aren't really any public records of who owned what gun.

That's true, I'll contact the Cody people, thank you.

My pleasure! They often have records or info that others don't

Best of luck to you!

Jim

I would also suggest giving Remington a call as well.