Firearms

Need gun information? Ask a firearms expert for answers ASAP

I have what I believe is a 1894 (Mod, 94) Rifle Serial # is…

Customer Question
Hi TomI have what I...
Hi TomI have what I believe is a 1894 (Mod, 94) Rifle Serial # is 206771RIt has a round barrel, Metal butt plate, plain stock and is in fair to good condition. There is a chip out of the stock just below the trigger cock. I have not shot the gun, but the trigger and trigger cock mechanism seem to function. I would just like to know the approximate value of the gun ?
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Firearms
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/23/2017
Firearms Expert: ProShooter, Firearms Instructor replied 6 months ago
ProShooter
ProShooter, Firearms Instructor

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I'm the firearms expert here at Just Answer. Please give me a moment to review your question/issue. I will reply back shortly.

Seems that Tom may not be available right now....would you like for me to assist you?

Sure

Ok, great.....so this Model 94...its a Winchester Model 94, correct?

Ok...and the serial number ends in an R?

The letter at the end is faint but it appears to be an R

Ok....are you sure that the gun is a Model 94?

TomYour messages are showing as coming through on my phone but nothing is showing up, on my computer. I am just looking for 2 pieces of information
1) Does this gun have any special significance 2) What is the approximate value of the gun

Ok, are you able to see this reply? I'm trying to confirm that the gun is indeed a model 94.

I can see this

Ok...so I'm thinking that the R may actually be a B, and that the gun may be a Model 1873. Does it specifically say Model 94?

No it doesn't

Ok, can you look the gun over for the specific model name? We need to identify that first in order to get the value.

Check on the underside of the gun

there are no other markings

OK, do you have any photos of the gun that I can see?

I can take some, where do you want me to send them ?

On your Just Answer screen, you should see a button that says "add files" or it may be a paper clip icon....you can add them directly here with that.

OK, give me 2 minutes

Take your time

I have pictures, but the +Add does not work, is there an email I can send to ?
I can send to a email via Google Drive, It is now telling me the files are too large !
Are you still there ??
Jim, you appear to have disappeared. Please do not charge my credit card for anything !!!