Firearms

Need gun information? Ask a firearms expert for answers ASAP

I have a disassembled Colt. .25 cal pocket pistol given to…

Customer Question
I have a disassembled...

I have a disassembled Colt. .25 cal pocket pistol given to me. I'd like to find someone to assemble it to firing order???

Expert's Assistant: How can the Gunsmith help you with your firearm? Please tell me everything you can so the Gunsmith can help you best.

This little gin appears to be stainless steel or chrome finish. I don't know who to trust with it. I've had it for 25-30 years and would like it be in firing condition in order to gift it to someone.

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Gunsmith should know?

I was told that the mainspring was broken off on ending edge othe than that all parts appear to be there.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Firearms
12/22/2017
Firearms Expert: TOM, Gunsmith replied 3 months ago
TOM
TOM, Gunsmith

Is your gun the 1908 Hammerless Vest Pocket?

If it is I would be happy to assemble / repair it for you. The sear spring is available for about $27. Assembly is only an hours work. I am in PA, the gun can be shipped to me or it can go to someone close to you if you prefer.

Let me know where you live, it is possible I know someone close to you that can do it.

Tom

I did a little checking on your gun, The 1908 was the only 25 auto made by Colt. It is a fairly easy gun to assemble. I can have it done and on its way back to you within a week. The cost would be $27 for the spring, $50 labor plus actual shipping costs.

Tom

TOM
TOM
TOM, Gunsmith