Firearms

Need gun information? Ask a firearms expert for answers ASAP

I have a Sith& Wesson pistol 22 short that isa little over a…

Customer Question
I have a Sith&...

I have a Sith& Wesson pistol 22 short that isa little over a 100 years old I have had it too 3 gun smiths

Expert's Assistant: How can the Gunsmith help you with your firearm? Please tell me everything you can so the Gunsmith can help you best.

I have a Smith & Wesson pistol that is a little over 100 years old. I is made for 22 shorts. I have had to 3 gunsmiths in Another Calif. They all say it needs 1or two springs made for it,but they can't help. Can you.?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Firearms
12/3/2017
Firearms Expert: TOM, Gunsmith replied 7 months ago
TOM
TOM, Gunsmith

A good Gunsmith can make the springs for you, but will need the gun shipped to them. What state are you in? I may know someone close to you. It's possible you will need to ship it. Do you know what year it was made? What is the model and serial number.

If you have pictures of the gun please post them and I will do my best to help you. You can also text or email pictures if you are not able to upload them. Let me know if you need a text number or email address.

Tom

Is your pistol a Model 1, a small spur trigger revolver? If you want to ship it to PA it can be repaired and on the way back to you in about a week.

Tom