Firearms

Need gun information? Ask a firearms expert for answers ASAP

I recently acquired a Arms and Cycle works pistol patent…

Customer Question
I recently acquired a...

I recently acquired a Johnson Arms and Cycle works pistol patent 1896. The pistol breaks open with a lever on the top rail. Im not sure of the caliber, the history or value of the pistol.

Expert's Assistant: How can the Gunsmith help you with your firearm? Please tell me everything you can so the Gunsmith can help you best.

I recently acquired a Johnson Arms and Cycle works pistol patent 1896 made in Fitchburg Mass. It breaks down with a lever on the top rail. I would like to know the history and value of the pistol.

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Gunsmith should know?

No sir.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Firearms
11/14/2017
Firearms Expert: ProShooter, Firearms Instructor replied 7 months ago
ProShooter
ProShooter, Firearms Instructor

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I'm the firearms expert here at Just Answer. Please give me a moment to review your question/issue. I will reply back shortly.

Can you please tell me all of the patent dates and writing on the gun? Do you have any photos of it?

I will get the information to you later. I am currently in the class room and it is against the law to bring fire arms into the school.
The only two patent dates were possible 94 and for sure 96. I am guessing due to the age of the gun it is 1896. The barrel breaks open to eject the shells. The information I wrote down was Johnson Arms and Cycle Works Fitchburg Massachusetts. I would also like to know the caliber of the weapom

Ok,just reply back whenever you have the info and we can go from there.

The patent dates are Apr 6 86 Feb 10 87 May 10 87 and Aug 25 96. There are 2 stars before the patent dates and 2 after the patent dates.

Thank you for the dates.....I'm working on this.

Are you able to get some photos of this gun?