Firearms

Need Gun Information? Ask a Firearms Expert for Answers ASAP

Firearms

I was wondering if a eduard ketner 4 bbl would have any

I was wondering if...

I was wondering if a eduard ketner 4 bbl would have any value?

Expert's Assistant: The Gunsmith will know what to do. Please tell me everything you can so the Gunsmith can help you best.

Ok two 16 ga side by side and bellow in the center is 22 hornet straight bellow that is 7x57R

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else the Gunsmith should be aware of?

Proofed in both black powder and nitro as well its made of krupp steel

10/14/2017
Philip Van Cleave
Philip Van Cleave, Firearms Instructor

Thank you for using Just Answer! My name is***** am reviewing your question and will provide an answer or a request for more information shortly.

Oh, yes it does!

Ed kettner was a German gun maker from 1922 through 1939. You have a "vierling" gun (German for quadruple).

Their value is from $6 ,000 to $15,000 for an older one. Blue Book does not list Ed kettner, but there is one at auction that is exactly like your gun in "very good" condition (80% of original finish) that is listed for $6,500. I found another like yours for $8,500 in around 85% condition.

I hope this helps.

Philip

Philip Van Cleave
Philip Van Cleave, Firearms Instructor
Well I was told that Eduard Kettering was to the European country's that Cabelas is to the USA? Was also told in order to get true value of this weapon it would need to come apart to find the signature of the craftsman that actually made it! I know it was made in 1935 and that the Krupp factory as all its recipes to re manufacture Krupp steel Flustahl?

Kettner mostly did "drillings," which are 3 barreled guns - usually a double-barreled shotgun over a rifle. Getting even a single gun in parts of Europe could be tricky, much less multiple guns, hence these guns that are one gun with multiple uses.

Philip Van Cleave
Philip Van Cleave
Philip Van Cleave, Firearms Instructor