Firearms

Need gun information? Ask a firearms expert for answers ASAP

How does the forearm of an eagle scout 9422 winchester come…

Customer Question
How does the forearm...

How does the forearm of an eagle scout 9422 winchester come off

Expert's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Ionly recently puirchased this eagle scourt and the end of the forearm that is gold plated has the gol;d rubbed off where the key got in groove in oak box and rubbed against it, I am trying to find someone to repair it but figured I would have to take apart first

Expert's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

No, I need to find someone that would repair it for me

Expert's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Like what

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Firearms
10/14/2017
Firearms Expert: TOM, Gunsmith replied 9 months ago
TOM
TOM, Gunsmith

To remove the forend you need to remove the magazine tube. Remove the screws from the front and rear bands, pull the magazine tube out to the front. Move the rear band forward until it clears the forend. The forend will be free to lift from the gun. It may be pressed tight into the receiver, wiggle it a little and it will come off.

If you have a problem moving the rear band use a small block of soft wood like pine against the band and tap with a hammer.

Tom