Firearms

Need gun information? Ask a firearms expert for answers ASAP

I have a question about a pistol I just purchased from an…

Customer Question
Hello, I have a...

Hello, I have a question about a pistol I just purchased from an action. It's a .45 5" barrel single action with a second emblem engraved on the grip besides the colt emblem. It has a military emblem as well. I was just wondering if you could tell me anything about it including the value if I gave you the serial number. i's 100514. Thank you. Cindy Cash

Expert's Assistant: How can the Gunsmith help you with your firearm? Is there anything else the Gunsmith should be aware of?

I meant auction.

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Firearms
9/18/2017
Firearms Expert: ProShooter, Firearms Instructor replied 9 months ago
ProShooter
ProShooter, Firearms Instructor

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I'm the firearms expert here at Just Answer. Please give me a moment to review your question/issue. I will reply back shortly.

I'd be happy to help. I just need to know which model of Colt you have, and a photo if possible.

I'm looking
no thank you. I was having trouble finding my photo and getting it to you.Anyway, my gun is a .45 peacemaker, single action.
colt SAA revolver; made in 1907. serial number is *****
I have already paid the $34.
I. have not been able to send a photo. Can you still answer my question. It said nothing about a photo up front.
hello?????
hello!!
hello!!
hello!I have been waiting on an answer for over half an hour. For an expert this should be easy. I just wanted to know the value and
a little info about a pistol I received yesterday I bought from an auction.
It is a Colt .45 SAA revolver, peacemaker, single action. It has the cold emblem and a second emblem on the bottom of the grip of an eagle. A military emblem. It was made in 1907 and you can tell it's been used but in excellent shape. The serial number is ***** and is the same in all the places so none has been replaced.
everything about this fun is original.. I love it!
no one has answered mean almost an hour
Firearms Expert: Philip Van Cleave, Firearms Instructor replied 9 months ago
Philip Van Cleave
Philip Van Cleave, Firearms Instructor

Looks like Jim has stepped away. My name is ***** ***** I will help you.

I'm writing up the appraisal right now. Back shortly.

$34 AND the $38 I've already paid? No thank you. Unless there is no additional charge
why has this been so difficult to get an answer after paying $38?
An hour just to get a simple answer. If you are experts, this should be a pretty simple question
hello???????

I don't know - it is a Sunday. I just got in.

unless I don't call,,no one Is going to answer me?

No, I'm here and was going to answer the question for you.

that would cost me $72
I'm not willing to pay that much

No, that would make no sense. You are not charged anything until you actually get an answer. I'm going to pass the question over to customer service, though, as I have no control over billing, I just answer firearms questions. They can clarify what your exact cost would be.

I flagged this question for customer service, so you should hear back from them shortly.

Sorry for any confusion.

thank you, ***** ***** was Able to get a photo of send from my computer but when I click add files, nothing happens.
I am sorry if I sounded a bit cross, but I was getting very frustrated.
now it's telling me again that my question is closed. Why?
here is my original question...... just wanted to know the value and
I think I'll just go ahead and request a refund.
hello??????