TOM
TOM, Gunsmith
Experience:  17 YRS EXPERIENCE,Certified Armorer
47830436

I have S&W 38 Special Serial Number D411630. I would like to

Customer Question

I have S&W 38 Special Serial Number D411630. I would like to know the age of the pistol and approximate value.
I also have a S&W 32 caliber Serial Number 9579 pistol. I would like to know the age and value of it also.
Category: Firearms
Expert:  Philip Van Cleave replied 9 months ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer! My name is***** am reviewing your question and will provide an answer or a request for more information shortly.

I need to figure out which models you have (the serial number will help me get the date of manufacture, but not the model).

1. If you open the cylinder on the first gun and look at the part of the frame that was covered by the "crane", which is the part of the gun that the cylinder swings on - what markings do you see there? You will probably see "Mod" and a number. What is that number?

2. What markings do you see on the second gun?

You can also attach photos of the guns.