ProShooter
ProShooter, Firearms Instructor
Experience:  Certified Firearms Instructor and Glock Certified Armorer.
30945867

What is my Smith and wesson stainless pistol wirth? It is

Customer Question

What is my Smith and wesson stainless pistol wirth? It is made for performance shooping, and has only had 50 rounds shot through it. It is 40 caliber, performance serial # *****
Category: Firearms
Expert:  ProShooter replied 1 year ago.
Good afternoon, You say that this model 4006 was made in the 1970's? Are you certain?Jim
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I thought so. I am not an expst like you are. Pe4gaps I am wrong. But when I brought it in to a stooti,g stkre, I had 3 people come up to me and ask me if it was for sale
Expert:  ProShooter replied 1 year ago.
The model 4006 and the .40 caliber round were introduced in 1990....That is why I'm confused.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, I was incorrect. Do you have a value for me sir?
Expert:  ProShooter replied 1 year ago.
I need more info first....what about the gun makes it custom, as compared to a regular model 4006?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Stainless steel, performance series, serialcnhmber is xpc0011. 11 rou,d mag.
Expert:  ProShooter replied 1 year ago.
Do you have any photos of your gun?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just took some pictures for you to see. I have a nice custom built holster with conchos. 3 mags, and a nice matching double holster for 2 mags. Tell me where to send photos.
Expert:  ProShooter replied 1 year ago.
You can post the photos directly here using the paper clip icon on your screen.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I dont know how to do that. There is no paperclip on my screen, cancer do email? My email is***@******.*** . i think you will like what you see.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can we do this through email please?
Expert:  ProShooter replied 1 year ago.
I cannot provide you with an email address. Let me get some better instructions for you on posting photos...
Expert:  ProShooter replied 1 year ago.
You can send a photo or file to your Expert using the file attachment tool in the reply box of your question page. Here's how:1. On your question page, look below the reply box at the bottom right of the page for a link that says +ADD FILES. Click this link.
Expert:  ProShooter replied 1 year ago.
2. A pop-up window will open. Locate the file on your computer, click it once, then click OPEN.
Expert:  ProShooter replied 1 year ago.
3. A link representing your photo or file should now appear below the reply box on your question page. 4. Insert text in the reply box and click on the SEND button to send your photo or file to the Expert.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Camera won't allow it, too large a file, and I can't spend any more time on this . gotta see my kids. I wish I had N answer to my questions. Sorry, bye
Expert:  ProShooter replied 1 year ago.
Are you able to reduce the file size?