ProShooter
ProShooter, Firearms Instructor
Experience:  Certified Firearms Instructor and Glock Certified Armorer.
30945867

I have a sentry safe a dial combanation lock. directions say

Customer Question

i have a sentry safe a dial combanation lock. directions say turn right 3 times at first number12 turn left one full turn passing 1st number stopping at 22 turn turn right at 3rd number 00 helo me get it open
Category: Firearms
Expert:  ProShooter replied 1 year ago.
Hello...what model do you have there?
Expert:  ProShooter replied 1 year ago.
I see that you have requested a call. Do you have the model info for me so that I can look this up before I call you?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
K1S010 AW96921
Expert:  ProShooter replied 1 year ago.
Neither of those appear to be the model. Can you double check please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
this sfe is bolted down to floor inside another box to hide it thats all i can see my husband used two opened it he had a stroke
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
can you show me on computer
Expert:  ProShooter replied 1 year ago.
For a sentry safe with a dial combination it is the standard turning procedure:Clear the lock, by turning the dial past 0 three times counter clockwise.After the third time, stop on the first number of the combination.Turn the dial counter clock wise and pass the second number of the combination once.While still turning the dial clockwise, stop on the second number the second time you reach it.Turn counter clockwise once more and stop on the final number the first time you see it.From there it should be open.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
when i turn it counter clock was should it end on 0 to start
Expert:  ProShooter replied 1 year ago.
Do you mean in the 1st step? Turn the dial past 0 three times counter clockwise and after the third time, stop on the first number of the combination.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i will have to try tomorrow have a appointment first then doctors app will text you tommorrow
Expert:  ProShooter replied 1 year ago.
ok
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will call tomorrow if I can't get it open thanks
Expert:  ProShooter replied 1 year ago.
Ok....just let me know
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Did! Not work
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Your directions or opposite of mine on the paper mine says turn 3 times at 12 turn left one full turn pass first number two 22 right to00 I tried turning it leftist 3 times then what say on my paper. I also tryed your way doesn't open
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will have to get a lock smith
Expert:  ProShooter replied 1 year ago.
If we could figure out which model you have, I can look up the specific instructions.