How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TOM Your Own Question
TOM, Gunsmith
Category: Firearms
Satisfied Customers: 4297
Experience:  17 YRS EXPERIENCE,Certified Armorer
Type Your Firearms Question Here...
TOM is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a Nikon P-223 scope and mount I would like to use on

Customer Question

I have a Nikon P-223 scope and mount I would like to use on an AR 10 .308, is it possible and are there separate windage/elevation rings that could be mounted?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Firearms
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
change windage/elevation rings to adjustment knobs.
Expert:  TOM replied 1 year ago.


The P223 scope is calibrated for the 223/5.56 round. You will not be able to use the hold-over marks with a 308. They make a P-308 and M-308 scopes for the 308/7.62 rifles.

Millet, Weaver, ATK and U.S, Optics all make windage adjustable rings. They are available in 1", 30mm and 34mm. There are not any rings that I am aware of that are elevation adjustable. You would need to use the scopes elevation turret to adjust it.


Related Firearms Questions