Firearms

Need Gun Information? Ask a Firearms Expert for Answers ASAP

Firearms

I have my late fathers Iver single barrel shotgun, it has

Customer Question
Hi, my name is***** have...
Hi, my name is***** have my late fathers Iver Johnson single barrel shotgun, it has the number 9978 stamped on all three parts, I am interested to learn the year of manufacture.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: It is a rather light gun with the barrel and locking mechanism forged in one piece, I do recall seeing a registration form dad had that was dated in 1913
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Firearms Experts generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Firearms
3/6/2016
Firearms Expert: Philip Van Cleave, Firearms Instructor replied 1 year ago
Philip Van Cleave
Philip Van Cleave, Firearms Instructor

Thank you for using Just Answer!

My name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to help you.

I'm getting out my Iver Johnson references - back shortly.

I need to identify the exact model.

1. Do you see any other markings on that gun?

2. What gauge is it?

3. How long is the barrel?

4. Is there a rib on the top of the barrel or is the barrel just round?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I contacted you last weekend, I have payed you $50.00 NZ,, Your required my email address, I replied with two addresses, the response was, email addresses not valid, I have been using***@******.*** for many years, how is this not valid, if this conversation cannot go any further I would please request the money is refunded.
Thank you, *****

I need to identify the exact model of your shotgun.

2. What gauge is it?

3. How long is the barrel?

Philip

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Sorry for the delay, the gun in question is locked in a cabinet, will send the imformation tomorrow.
Thanks. *****

Ok - thanks.

TOM
TOM
TOM, Gunsmith