Firearms

Need gun information? Ask a firearms expert for answers ASAP

I have my late fathers Iver single barrel shotgun, it has…

Customer Question
Hi, my name is*****...

Hi, my name is***** have my late fathers Iver Johnson single barrel shotgun, it has the number 9978 stamped on all three parts, I am interested to learn the year of manufacture.

Expert's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

It is a rather light gun with the barrel and locking mechanism forged in one piece, I do recall seeing a registration form dad had that was dated in 1913

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Firearms
3/6/2016
Firearms Expert: Philip Van Cleave, Firearms Instructor replied 2 years ago
Philip Van Cleave
Philip Van Cleave, Firearms Instructor

Thank you for using Just Answer!

My name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to help you.

I'm getting out my Iver Johnson references - back shortly.

I need to identify the exact model.

1. Do you see any other markings on that gun?

2. What gauge is it?

3. How long is the barrel?

4. Is there a rib on the top of the barrel or is the barrel just round?

I contacted you last weekend, I have payed you $50.00 NZ,, Your required my email address, I replied with two addresses, the response was, email addresses not valid, I have been using***@******.*** for many years, how is this not valid, if this conversation cannot go any further I would please request the money is refunded.
Thank you, *****

I need to identify the exact model of your shotgun.

2. What gauge is it?

3. How long is the barrel?

Philip

Sorry for the delay, the gun in question is locked in a cabinet, will send the imformation tomorrow.
Thanks. *****

Ok - thanks.