Firearms

Need gun information? Ask a firearms expert for answers ASAP

Considering buying a Remington 30.06 Woodmaster 742, Ser #:

Customer Question
Considering buying a Remington...

Considering buying a Remington 30.06 Woodmaster 742, Ser #:(###) ###-#### ***** has a Leopold Scope 3x9 Vari-x Iic.

Expert's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

How old might the firearm be and what I've seen on several gun broker sites, the value could be $400-$450. One I saw was $525. The rife belongs to a friend of mine and is in excellent condition. Your thoughts. Thank you.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Firearms
2/2/2016
Firearms Expert: Philip Van Cleave, Firearms Instructor replied 2 years ago
Philip Van Cleave
Philip Van Cleave, Firearms Instructor

Thank you for using Blue Book, and Just Answer!

Looks like Bill has stepped away - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to help you.

To determine the age, I need to you look on the left side of the barrel near the frame. There should be a two or three letter alphabetic code, like this: "RYY" or "KP".

Do you have access to the gun to get that code?

Philip