Firearms

Need gun information? Ask a firearms expert for answers ASAP

Got a Browning 1911-22 with plastic sights. Would like to…

Customer Question
Got a Browning 1911-22...

Got a Browning 1911-22 with plastic sights. Would like to replace them.

Expert's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

Any idea where to obtain at least the rear sight?

Expert's Assistant: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Firearms Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?

Yeah...as long as I can pay by credit card...I can give you the number at the end...

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Firearms
1/20/2016
Firearms Expert: TOM, Gunsmith replied 2 years ago
TOM
TOM, Gunsmith

There are not any listings for aftermarket sights for the 1911-22. There are sights that will fit, I just need the size of the dovetails on the slide to locate a set. Some of the pistols have a front dovetail and some have a staked sight. Which does your gun have?

I will check the dovetail size on my gun and get back to you as soon as I find a set that is the correct size.

Tom

The rear dovetail is 0.265". The front on mine is a type of staked in sight. Does your gun have the same or a dovetail?

I need to call Browning tomorrow to see what they have available, they do not have a parts listing for the 1911-22 on their site.

Tom