TOM
TOM, Gunsmith
Experience:  17 YRS EXPERIENCE,Certified Armorer
47830436

Can you identify a Walther manufactured pistol that has an

Customer Question

Can you identify a Walther manufactured pistol that has an open horizontal magazine under the barrel. It is pocket sized with an open port on top. It appears to possibly be a two shot pistol. The firearm has no markings other than the Walther name and Walther patent, made in Germany. There is no magazine and the trigger cover and grips appear to be plastic.
Category: Firearms
Expert:  ProShooter replied 1 year ago.

Good morning. Do you have a photo of the gun? - Jim

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
not at this time, I am doing this for a friend who posses the firearm
Expert:  ProShooter replied 1 year ago.

Ok..I can start researching this with the information you have given, but it would be especially helpful if you could get a photo of the gun.

Expert:  ProShooter replied 1 year ago.

Any idea what caliber it is?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would not be able to gather a photo at the present time. I am guessing it to be a small caliber, obviously larger than a .22. Possibly a .25. The open area under the barrel contains a hand operated spring which would appear to hold tension on the rounds. The size of the pistol is smaller than the palm of ones hand.
Expert:  ProShooter replied 1 year ago.

Ok...Let me see what I can come up with.

Expert:  ProShooter replied 1 year ago.

Does it look anything like this?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No not at all. Based on owners history it may be assumed that this gun may date back to the 20's or 30's possibly.
Expert:  ProShooter replied 1 year ago.

Ok...I'm probably going to need a photo of it then.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
At this time it has been determined that the gun is a starter pistol, single round .22 cal., with a wheel type loading mechanism.
Expert:  ProShooter replied 1 year ago.

Ok, that is helpful. I will have to do some more research.

Expert:  ProShooter replied 1 year ago.

How does this one match up?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, that is not it. I appreciate all of your effort and since we have already identified the gun we might as well cancel searching for anything further.Thank you
Expert:  ProShooter replied 1 year ago.

Ok...I have been working on it based on your description but without a photo it can be difficult.