Firearms

Need Gun Information? Ask a Firearms Expert for Answers ASAP

Firearms

Just bought a M77 ruger in a 22/250 removed bolt now it

Customer Question
won't go back in I...
just bought a M77 ruger in a 22/250 removed bolt now it won't go back in I have a few of these guns never had a problem, I believe it's not cocked do you have a soloution
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Firearms
10/10/2015
Firearms Expert: ProShooter, Firearms Instructor replied 2 years ago
ProShooter
ProShooter, Firearms Instructor

Good afternoon. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to help.

With the M77, what you are going to have to do is pull back on the cocking piece and then turn the bolt shroud back into the cocked position. You should see that there will be a small "notch" that it locks into. Then you should be able to reinsert the bolt

Put the cocking piece against a solid edge of something, like a workbench or block of wood. Pull on the bolt, moving the cocking piece away from the bolt body. When you have it out far enough, put something in the hole of the cocking piece, like a nail That should hold the cocking piece out. Then just turn the entire shroud until the cocking piece is in the notch on the bolt body. Then, just remove the nail or whatever you used in the hole.

I hope that this is helpful!
Jim

What is the status of this?

Can you please reply back and let me know the status of this?

ProShooter
ProShooter
ProShooter, Firearms Instructor